2022, issue 1, p. 64-71
Received 09.06.2022; Revised 23.06.2022; Accepted 28.06.2022
Published 30.06.2022; First Online 03.08.2022
Application the Wireless Sensory Network Cluster in Digital Agriculture
V.M. Glushkov Institute of Cybernetics of the NAS of Ukraine, Kyiv
The authors made a review of "Information technology of express-estimation of plant state in large territories in stressful environment." The essence of digital agriculture and its main components are briefly described. The main part of the article describes the cluster of Wireless Sensor Network. The main components of the cluster and the principle of the cluster are given. The work of the cluster is based on the "Information technology of express-estimation of plant state in large territories in stressful environment." This technology is based on the method of chlorophyll fluorescence induction. The introduction of new information technology into industrial digital agriculture will make it possible to determine in real time the condition of plants suffering from the influence of one or another stress factor and develop an appropriate managerial decision to compensate the influence of a certain factor. The main technical requirements for the wireless node of the cluster are the ability to work in the field conditions; easy location on the plant; low cost; lightweight up to 25 g, small size, etc. The WSN cluster is intended for use in the agricultural sector and for environmental monitoring. Using the data collected by the cluster and an express analysis of the state of plants is carried out, which allows making the necessary managerial decision on the use of fertilizers, fungicides, pesticides, herbicides and the need for irrigation. The authors took into account that the cultivation of corn for grain occupies a large sector in the agrarian sector of Ukraine and is an urgent task. The authors analyzed the industrial technology of growing of crop for grain and it was adapted for the information technology for measuring the CFI. The main points of the technological process for the use of the WSN cluster in industrial agriculture on the example of corn are determined, and on their basis, a scheme for measuring the CFI of plants by the WSN cluster was developed. A brief step-by-step methodology has been developed for using the WSN cluster in measuring the CFI of corn. The authors also presented an analysis of energy consumption in the WSN and proposed the ways to improve the energy efficiency of the WSN nodes.
Keywords: sensors, wireless sensor network, express diagnostics of plant, smart agriculture.
Cite as: Antonova H., Kedych A. Application the Wireless Sensory Network Cluster in Digital Agriculture. Cybernetics and Computer Technologies. 2022. 1. P. 64–71. (in Ukrainian) https://doi.org/10.34229/2707-451X.22.1.7
1. Romanov V.О. «Information technology of express-estimation of plant state in large territories in stressful environment». Registration state number 0616U000130.
2. Antonova H.V., Kedich A.V., Kovyrova O.V. Internet of Things and wireless smart networks in digital agriculture. Computer means, networks and systems. 2019. 18. P. 119–127. (in Ukrainian)
3. Antonova H., Kovyrova O. Wireless technologies as part of the agricultural digitization. Computer means, networks and systems. 2018. 17. P. 53–59. (in Ukrainian)
4. Palagin O., Romanov V., Galelyuka I., Hrusha V., Voronenko O. Wireless smart biosensor for sensor networks in ecological monitoring. Proceeding of the 9th IEEE International conference on "Intelligent Data Acquisition and Advanced Computing Systems: Technology and Applications", IDAACS'2017, September 21–23, 2017, Bucharest, Romania. Vol. 2. P. 679–683. https://doi.org/10.1109/IDAACS.2017.8095177
5. Romanov V., Galelyuka I., Antonova H., Kovyrova O., Hrusha V., Voronenko O. Application of wireless sensor networks for digital agriculture. Proceeding of the 10th IEEE International conference on «Intelligent Data Acquisition and Advanced Computing Systems: Technology and Applications», IDAACS'2019. Metz, France, September 18–21, 2019. Р. 340-344. https://dl.acm.org/doi/abs/10.1109/IDAACS.2019.8924267
6. Antonova H., Kedych A. Testing of the Wireless Sensor Network for the Express-Diagnostic of the State of Plant. Cybernetics and Computer Technologies. 2020. 3. P. 90–100. (in Ukrainian) https://doi.org/10.34229/2707-451X.20.3.9
7. Antonova H., Kovyrova O., Lavrentyev V. Graph-analytical method of analysis of fluorescence chlorophyll parameters. Computer means, networks and systems. 2017. 16. P. 66–75. (in Ukrainian)
9. Romanov Volodymyr, Galelyuka Igor, Voronenko Oleksandr. Wireless sensor networks for smart agriculture. International Journal of Reasoning-based Intelligent Systems. Vol. 13. No. 3. P. 147–154. https://doi.org/10.1504/IJRIS.2021.117079
ISSN 2707-451X (Online)
ISSN 2707-4501 (Print)