2021, issue 3, p. 86-102
Received 20.09.2021; Revised 27.09.2021; Accepted 28.09.2021
Published 30.09.2021; First Online 25.10.2021
Development of a Subsystem for Supporting a Complex of Diagnostic Procedures for the Information-Analytical System TISP
V.M. Glushkov Institute of Cybernetics of the NAS of Ukraine, Kyiv
Introduction. During the implementation of the project "Transdisciplinary Intelligent Information-Analytical System for Supporting Rehabilitation Processes in a Pandemic (TISP)", all the capabilities of the basic cognitive information technology were focused on the implementation of the strategy of rehabilitation measures, which consists in taking into account the pathogenetic features of the development of the disease. In the subsystem of information and analytical support of the complex of diagnostic procedures, the central is the assessment of the effectiveness of rehabilitation based on the indicators of the electrocardiogram (ECG) and heart rate variability (HRV), control of the patient's condition using psychophysiological (PF) and psychological testing, the use of biological feedback (BF) to improve the efficiency of rehabilitation, as well as the use of PF testing for the implementation of BF.
The purpose of the article is detailing the composition and functionality of a complex of diagnostic procedures for supporting rehabilitation processes in a pandemic.
Results. The composition and functionality of the complex of diagnostic procedures are presented. It includes three components: first, an innovative technique for scaling electrocardiograms and heart rate variability (Universal Scoring System) with software and a miniature electrocardiograph (with the ability to use on-line mode). Secondly, the study of psychophysiological testing tools based on the software-hardware complex "Psykholot-1" with the prospect of its addition by means of Biological Feedback (BF). Thirdly, the analysis of existing means of BF therapy and their application for rehabilitation with the proposed method of rehabilitation based on BF using artificial intelligence tools that are being developed within the framework of this project. In the future, it is planned to monitor patients undergoing rehabilitation in order to develop new rules specially adapted for assessing and monitoring the current state of patients undergoing rehabilitation, as well as the effectiveness of BF for rehabilitation. To implement the BF, the Psykholot-1 complex should be used in a trainer mode with a visual presentation of PF tests to the patient in real time.
Conclusions. Hardware and software systems of biomanagement must be present at every workplace of a doctor, psychologist, coach, teacher. They can not only help in the treatment of patients, but also can change motivation, mobilize personal resources, and this is what many of us lack today.
Keywords: rehabilitation, diagnosis, psychophysiological testing, electrocardiogram, heart rate variability, biological feedback.
Cite as: Palagin O., Kurgaev O., Budnyk M., Сhaikovsky I. Development of a Subsystem for Supporting a Complex of Diagnostic Procedures for the Information-Analytical System TISP. Cybernetics and Computer Technologies. 2021. 3. P. 86–102. (in Ukrainian) https://doi.org/10.34229/2707-451X.21.3.8
1. Palagin A.V., Kryvyi S.L., Petrenko N.G. Ontological methods and means of processing subject knowledge. Lugansk: V.I. Dal East Ukrainian National University, 2012. (in Russian) http://www.aduis.com.ua/books/Monography.pdf
2. Palagin O.V., Semikopna T.V., Сhaikovsky I.A., Sivak O.V. Telerehabilitation: information-technological support and experience of use. Clinical informatics and telemedicine. 2020. 15 (16). P. 35–44. (in Ukrainian) https://doi.org/10.31071/kit2020.16.15
3. Petrov O.S., Yarema T.M., Budnyk M.M., Yena A.I., Masliuk V.V., Berseniov V.V. Development and implementation in the production of software and hardware complex of psychophysiological diagnostics "PSYCHOLOT-1 ». Information systems and technologies in medicine (ISM-2018): Proc. of Int. Sci.-practical Conf., Kharkiv, November 28-30, 2018. Kharkiv: KNURE. P. 124–125. (in Ukrainian)
4. Ena A.I., Masliuk V.V., Budnyk M.M. Estimation of professionally important qualities at psychophysiological examination of workers who carry out works of the increased danger. Biological and medical informatics and cybernetics. Scientific Issue / Eds by M. Budnyk. Kyiv: IC NASU. 2019. P. 89–99. (in Ukrainian)
5. Yena A.I., Maslyuk V.V., Budnyk M.M. Software and hardware complex for psychophysiological examination "Psycholot": patent UA 83361U: publ. 10.09.2013. Bulletin “Industrial Property”. No 17. (in Ukrainian)
6. Yena A.I., Maslyuk V.V., Budnyk M.M. Method of psychophysiological examination of employees: patent UA 83618U: publ. 25.09.2013, Bulletin “Industrial Property”, No 18. (in Ukrainian)
7. Kurgaev A.F., Palagin A.V. (09. 2021) Rehabilitation According to the Biological Feedback. IDAACS 2021: The 11th IEEE International Conference On Intelligent Data Acquisition And Advanced Computing Systems: Technology And Applications.
8. Physiological systems of the human body. (in Ukrainian) https://naurok.com.ua/prezentaciya-fiziologichni-sistemi-organizmu-lyudini-125834.html (accessed 01.09.2021)
9. The concept of homeostasis and homeokinesis. (in Ukrainian) https://moyaosvita.com.ua/biologija/ponyattya-pro-gomeostaz-i-gomeokinez/ (accessed 01.09.2021)
10. Neurofeedback Training & Therapy. Biofeedback Neurofeedback Therapy. https://biofeedback-neurofeedback-therapy.com/neurofeedback-therapy-training/ (accessed 01.09.2021)
11. Basmajian J.V. The third therapeutic revolution: behavioral medicine. Appl. Psychophysiology and Biofeedback. 1999. 24. P. 107–116. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1022222327161
12. Clinic of modern physiotherapy and rehabilitation. (in Russian) http://medicwell.com.ua/ (accessed 01.09.2021)
13. Biological Feedback. ATOS. (in Russian) https://atos.kiev.ua/metod/biologicheskaya-obratnaya-svyaz-bos-obsledovanie-bos-terapiya/ (accessed 01.09.2021)
14. Biofeedback – «NEXUS-10 Mark». Your Doctor. (in Russian) https://vashvrach.com.ua/bos-terapiya-biofeedback-nexus-10-mark/ (accessed 01.09.2021)
15. Complexes BOSLAB, BOS-PULSE, BOS-TEST. Development, production, implementation. https://boslab.ru/products/ (accessed 01.09.2021)
16. Kuzmin A.A., Philist S.A., Pronin T.V. Mmethod of correcting the functional state of a person. Pat. RU 2221477 C2. 2008. (in Russian) http://www.freepatent.ru/patents/2323681 (accessed 01.09.2021)
17. Konstantinov K.V. The method of normalization of the psychophysiological state. Pat. RU 2410025 С2. 2011. (in Russian)
18. Method of classifying electroencephalographic signals in brain-computer interface: US Pat. RU 2415642 C1, publ. 10.04.2011. (in Russian)
19. Balabanov Yu.V. The method of correction of visual impairments and hardware for its implementation. Ukraine Pat. UA 102193 C2. 2013. (in Ukrainian)
20. Biryukova E.V., Lyukmanov R.H., Korshakov A.V., Turbina L.G., Chernikova L.A., Chervyakov A.V., Frolov A.A., Kotov S.V., Mokienko O.A., Bobrov P.D. Method of rehabilitating patients after stroke or injury using robotic complex comprising human limb exoskeleton controlled via brain-computer interface by imagining movements. Pat. RU 2622206 C2. 2017. (in Russian)
21. Rehabilitation. WHO. (in Ukrainian) https://www.who.int/ru/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/rehabi-litation (accessed 01.09.2021)
22. Kurgaev O.P., Palagin O.V., Malakhov K.S., Semikopna T.V. The method of rehabilitation of people with disabilities and the hardware for its implementation, Patent Application of Ukraine for the utility model u202102702, claimed 24.05.2021. (in Ukrainian)
23. Kurgaev O.P., Palagin O.V., Malakhov K.S., Semikopna T.V. The method of rehabilitation of people with disabilities and the hardware for its implementation, Patent Application of Ukraine for the invention a202102703, claimed 24.05.2021. (in Ukrainian)
24. Giarratano Joseph & Riley Gary. Expert systems: principles of development and programming. 4th ed. Course Technology, 2005.
25. Kurgaev A.F. Characteristics of the instrumental environment CLIPS. In: A.F. Kurgaev (Ed.). Practice of using the CLIPS tool environment. Textbook. Kyiv: NUFT, 2013. P. 5–64. (in Ukrainian) ISBN 978-966-612-149-6
26. A Tool for Building Expert Systems. CLIPS. http://www.clipsrules.net/index.html (accessed 01.09.2021)
27. Kurgaev A.F. The Concept of Information. Part 2. The Functions of a Scientific Theory. Journal of Automation and Information Sciences. 2020. 52 (4). P. 65–81. https://doi.org/10.1615/JAutomatInfScien.v52.i4.60
ISSN 2707-451X (Online)
ISSN 2707-4501 (Print)