2021, issue 3, p. 115-128
Received 17.09.2021; Revised 26.09.2021; Accepted 28.09.2021
Published 30.09.2021; First Online 25.10.2021
Development and Conformity Assessment of ECG-Photometric Complex Software
V.M. Glushkov Institute of Cybernetics of the NAS of Ukraine, Kyiv
Introduction. The article is devoted to the software "PulseWave", which is used as part of the ECG-photometric complex for research in medical institutions. For further implementation of the complex in medical practice, it is necessary to assess the compliance of this software in accordance with the requirements of the technical regulations for medical devices. There are two ways to perform software conformity assessment: as part of the ECG photometric complex or separately from it (stand alone). In this paper, the option of conducting a stand alone conformity assessment was chosen, i.e. as a separate product. This approach is the most promising, given the development of "cloud" storage and data processing environments and the need to introduce into medical practice of treatment and prevention facilities in Ukraine.
The purpose of the article is to develop software and prepare it for conformity assessment in accordance with the requirements of the technical regulations for medical devices.
Results. The authors consider the structure and principle of operation of the software "PulseWave" ECG-photometric complex. The main stages of the life cycle of this software according to international standards are given. A risk assessment report has been developed, which shows and evaluates the main errors that may occur in the work of the software; and ways to eliminate them.
Conclusions. The software development, development of its life cycle and risk analysis provide an opportunity to start the procedure of assessing its compliance with the requirements of the technical regulations for medical devices in accordance with international standards.
Keywords: software, conformity assessment, life cycle, application risks.
Cite as: Budnyk V., Ryzhenko T., Budnyk M. Development and Conformity Assessment of ECG-Photometric Complex Software. Cybernetics and Computer Technologies. 2021. 3. P. 115–128. (in Ukrainian) https://doi.org/10.34229/2707-451X.21.3.10
1. Kazmirchuk A.P., Miasnikov G.V., Sofienko S.V., Buhay O.O., Voronko A.A., Chaikovsky I.A., Budnyk M.M., Dehtiaruk V.I., Frolov Yu.O.. Innovative portable electrocardiographic-photometric software and hardware complex: new diagnostic possibilities in different branches of military medicine. Suchasni aspekty viys kovoi medytsyny: zbirnyk naukovykh prats Natsionalnoho viys kovo-medychnoho klinichnoho tsentru "HVСH" MD Ukrainy, Military Medical Department of MDU, NVMKT "HVKH", Kyiv, 2016. P. 74–83. (in Ukrainian) http://irbis-nbuv.gov.ua/cgi-bin/irbis_nbuv/cgiirbis_64.exe?C21COM=2&I21DBN=UJRN&P21DBN=UJRN&IMAGE_FILE_DOWNLOAD=1&Image_file_name=PDF/Savm_2016_23_35.pdf (accessed 16.09.2021)
2. Dehtiaruk V.I., Budnyk M.M., Khodakovsky M.I., Mudrenko M.I., Mieshkov V.V. Development of photometric devices for pulsometry. Vcheni zapysky Tavriisʹkoho Nats. Un-tu imeni V.I. Vernadsʹkoho. – seriia: tekhnichni nauky. Vol. 29 (68). No. 5. 2018. Part 1. P. 39–43. (in Ukrainian) http://www.tech.vernadskyjournals.in.ua/journals/2018/5_2018/part_1/9.pdf (accessed 10.09.2021)
3. DSTU 2595-94. Measuring devices and equipment for functional diagnostics. Terms and definitions. Kyiv. State Standard of Ukraine. 1994. 61 pages. (in Ukrainian) http://shop.uas.org.ua/ua/katalog-normativnih-dokumentiv/11-okhorona-zdorovya/priladi-vimirjuval-ni-ta-aparatura-funkcional-noi-diagnostiki-termini-ta-viznachennja.html (accessed 17.09.2021)
4. Classifier ESKD. (in Russian) http://www.libussr.ru/doc_ussr/usr_10041.htm (accessed 10.09.2021)
5. Dehtiaruk V.I., Budnyk M.M., Khodakovsky M.I., Budnyk V.M., Ryzhenko T.M., Mudrenko M.I., Chaikovsky I.A. Development of ECG-photometric complex according to the requirements of technical regulations for medical devices. Vcheni zapysky Tavriisʹkoho Nats. Un-tu imeni V.I. Vernadsʹkoho. – seriia: tekhnichni nauky. 30 (69). No.4. 2019. Part 1. P. 29–33. (in Ukrainian) https://doi.org/10.32838/2663-5941/2019.4-1/06 (accessed 10.09.2021)
6. Dehtiaruk V.I., Khodakovsky M.I., Budnyk M.M., Budnyk V.M., Mudrenko M.I., Tymoshenko Y.M. Development of metrological support of photometric devices for pulsometry. Naukovo-vyrobnychyi zhurnal «Metrolohiia i prylady». 2019. N 4. P. 10–16. (in Ukrainian) https://doi.org/10.33955/2307-2180(4)2019.10-16 (accessed 10.09.2021)
7. Budnyk V.M., Ryzhenko T.M.; Mudrenko M.I., Budnyk M.M. Modification of the software of the ECG-photometric complex for conformity assessment. Informatsiini systemy ta tekhnolohii v medytsyni (ISM–2019): 2-ha Mizhn. nauk.-prakt. konf., Kharkiv, 2019: 182–184. (in Ukrainian) http://uacm.kharkov.ua/download/ISM-2019-work.pdf (accessed 16.09.2021)
8. Dehtiaruk V.I., Budnyk M.M., Ryzhenko T.M., Chaikovsky I.A., Budnyk V.M. Computer program "Software for electrocardiography and pulsometry" («PulseWave»). Copyright certificate № 100996 from 01.12.2020; Bulletin "Copyright and Related Rights". 2021. 62. P. 322. (in Ukrainian) https://ukrpatent.org/atachs/buleten-avt-pravo-62-2021-01.zip (accessed 16.09.2021)
9. EN 62304:2006. Medical device software. Software life cycle processes. https://www.iso.org/obp/ui/#iso:std:iec:62304:ed-1:v1:en (accessed 16.09.2021)
10. ISO 14971:2007. Medical devices – Application of risk management to medical devices. https://www.iso.org/obp/ui/#iso:std:iso:14971:ed-2:v2:en (accessed 16.09.2021)
ISSN 2707-451X (Online)
ISSN 2707-4501 (Print)